Thursday, September 29, 2016

Operating Out of the Overflow - Jeremiah


- Jeremiah

So we finally have our basic schedule figured out! This is a huge relief because we have had no boundaries to know when to say "No" to things, and we don't have to guess what the next day will look like. In making a schedule I have been learning more about how I find rest. For example on Wednesdays we are busy from 9am until 7pm, sometimes longer. My body and my mind have helped me realize that I need a break on these days. Also, if I am relying too much on the fact that work is completely separate form joy I still find myself struggling before the day is over.

I believe that we are all created uniquely. What may be hard or stressful work for me might be fun for someone else. As I think more about this concept I am convinced that when I am working it is OK to be joyful. When I am working out of an overflow of joy and passion not only is it easier but my work has a much better quality.

I have just started a guitar class at our local baptist church, Skien Baptist. We have classes on Wednesday. The whole reason I thought this would be a good idea is because I love helping other people get excited about guitar. When I see someone realize that they can rock out just like the people they listen to I feel like I have helped them open the flood gates of what has been dying to come out. If I forget this passion I have for teaching guitar then it really isn't any fun. But when I let my passion drive my words and actions I am having the time of my life.

My recent discovery is that God has made me with a fountain of joy and passion that overflows out of my life. Operating out of this overflow, I think is why God created me. Now that I know that I can teach guitar until the cows come home I am actually thinking that maybe teaching guitar is linked to another passion. Teaching guitar is only great because I get to help people discover something that has been dying to get out. Now it seems like I have discovered something dying to get out of me! I have discovered what operating out of the overflow is by asking God to show me who I am. My newest and most exciting passion is helping other people get to know themselves so that they can find out what makes their life joyful to live. It is to help people find out how God made them uniquely with their own passion and joy that is ready to overflow out of them. Conveniently this fits perfectly in the realm of working with youth.


No comments:

Post a Comment