Thursday, December 8, 2016

ADVENTKALENDAR - trying for an advent season approach besides "Getting to Christmas"!

An Allison Post



Today is Day 7 of the Christmas Countdown,
or Jule rather (pronounced "yu-la"). Per usual, time passes quickly as we try to savor every bit of this holiday season including but not limited to:

-decorating christmas trees that measure up to my knee
-singing with 53 christmas songs on my playlist that I'm trying not to get sick of after listening to for just 3 days
-making gingerbread houses that cave in after a day because of the humidity in our house

We bought our plastic spruce at a
place called "Plantasjan"! It was all of 20 bucks
and even came with little lights. SHOUTOUT TO
MARTINE for the ride, The LORD knows I did NOT
feel like walking!!!! ;)
But OF COURSE these little details are not the why for Christmas which is why we can happily laugh and thank God for the meaning and reason of Advent. We look forward to Jesus coming to us this month, this week, daily. We see Jesus coming when we walk in the bitter cold to find our 1-foot tall Christmas tree, only to be stopped by a girl we've only met twice who wants to give us a ride to there and back and keep us company. Jesus also comes when people still want to celebrate your birthday 4 months after the fact by taking you to movie they'd rather not sit through (Oh btw, if you're planning to see Allied, be prepared -__-') Anddddd Jesus has also come when friends of friends of friends invite us to a birthday party because even though we are 3 times removed and only met once for coffee, they think we're worth having at special moments in their life.

Maybe I didn't realize how blown away I was be Jesus showing up these recent weeks in the midst of Go Go GO circumstances and unsurfaced lonliness & longing. I wished it were these times that I vividly remembered when people ask me, "How can you SEE Jesus? He's not real!" Christ grace for the world is real, and huge considering how long we've been missing His presence both incarnate and in the heavenly realms.

Pray for my eyes, that they'd be open to see how real Jesus is everyday. I want to see Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment